Resident Care Aide
CT locations: Ellington, Watertown
MA locations: Stoughton, Taunton, Stoneham, Westfield, Greenfield, Chicopee, Amherst, and Dracut)
Must be currently certified as a nursing assistant, have successfully completed the certified home health aide or personal care homemaker program or can show proof of having met the requirement set forth in the assisted living regulations 651 CMR 12.07 (6). Must understand the physical and emotional needs of elders, enjoy working with them, show understanding and patience and perform duties required to enhance the resident’s environment and quality of life.
- Report to the Resident Care Director and Staff Nurse
- Provide personal care services for residents in a professional, caring, and efficient manner and in accordance with state guidelines
- Document all care appropriately (i.e. Personal Care task sheet, SAMM sheet, I’m Okay list, safety checks)
- Review and prepare shift change logs at the beginning and end of each shift, as well as orally summarize pertinent information for aides coming on duty
- Inform a licensed nurse of any changes in the resident’s condition or needs
- Answer emergency call system and respond appropriately
- Chart and log all emergency calls, self-administered medication reminders, and report all incidents to a licensed nurse and in-coming staff
- Follow proper procedures for the Self-Administered Medication Management system
- Assess capabilities to determine needs for additional assistance
- Assist with housekeeping duties, including resident laundry according to schedule or as needed.
- Perform dining room duties and assist with the serving of residents
- Assist relatives, guests and visitors, as needed
- Assist with activities programs
- Maintain a positive, professional calm, image and environment
- Take a team approach to performing duties
- Complete all required annual in-service training
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting and using equipment
*6a-10a – 16 hours/week (e/o weekend), 11p-7p – 24 Hours benefited position
To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position you are applying for, as well as the location, in the subject line.