The Cook is responsible to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations and as directed by Food Service Director to assure that quality food is provided.
- Work in accordance with serve safe requirements maintaining a clean, sanitary kitchen at all times, following all delineated safe food handling procedures and protocols
- Adhere to all Department of Public Health rules and regulations as it pertains to food production, maintenance and sanitary requirements of the kitchen and kitchen equipment including surrounding areas, service area, dining room, storage areas, freezer, walk in cooler, other refrigeration systems
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen work area, equipment, and dining room tables and chairs
- Understand dietary and allergy requirements/restrictions of the residents and serves food accordingly
- Follow OSHA regulations and safety procedures when using equipment, lifting, bending, following OSHA Standards of “Stay Safe” in the commercial kitchen, reporting all personal accident or work related injuries immediately adhering to reporting protocols and procedures
- Will take part in and can prepare all the food for catered functions including preparation and assembly on display trays with appropriate garnishes
- Help the chef with overall operations of the kitchen
- Take part in the sanitation of all food preparation work surfaces on a clean-as-you go basis, as needed or assigned
- Supervise utility and wait staff as applicable/appropriate
- Must be able to read, understand and prepare recipes without direction
- Possess a demonstrated working knowledge of cooking fundamentals
- Must be able to prepare meats, fish, soups, sauces, vegetables, and desserts garnishing the plate using an acceptable method, aesthetically pleasing
- Must have knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling, and is sensitive to the needs of elders and disabled individuals.
- Must have and maintain Serve-Safe Certification
- Must have and maintain Allergy Awareness Training
- Must take anti-choking training
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Click on “apply now” below to complete an application for this position.